Maintained by: NLnet Labs

[Unbound-users] supported QPS

Stephane Bortzmeyer
Wed May 2 09:06:51 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 12:14:56PM +0530,
 Ben <benjo11111 at gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 13 lines which said:

> i wanted to know about unbound dns prior to implement in our very
> high traffic networks.What is benchmarked QPS for unbound caching
> DNS server.

It depends on so many things (for instance, how the underlying OS
handles UDP and IP) that I suggest that you benchmark yourself on your
machines. And publishing qps results for caching servers is much more
difficult than for authoritative servers since it depends on the cache
state *and* on remote name servers.

If you have a "very high traffic networks", you certainly also have a
lab and a team for such benchmarks.