[Unbound-users] Can't Enable Link-Local IPv6

Sabahattin Gucukoglu mail at sabahattin-gucukoglu.com
Sun Mar 18 09:14:37 UTC 2012

Hi,

Running Unbound 1.4.16, I cannot put "interface: fe80::…" into unbound.conf.  It warns on startup that there's no IPv6 support.  Yet, outgoing interface is default (::) and the default ::1 bind works.  Finally, just setting it to "::0" to listen on all works, and that's what I've had to do, just using access control to limit it.

So what's happening?  I'd love to only accept queries from the local link, and retrieve DNS data from v6-reachable name servers.  Your help appreciated.

Cheers,
Sabahattin