[Unbound-users] Where should --with-ldns point to on FreeBSD 8.2 systems

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Sat Jan 28 18:45:01 UTC 2012

That's better. It finds the library, but it's too old.

Either you need newer library from ports (if available) or download,
compile and install into your custom location (it could be the unbound
dir).

E.g. roughly do:

cd unbound-x.y.z
wget http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/downloads/ldns/ldns-1.6.12.tar.gz
tar -xzf ldns-1.6.12.tar.gz
cd ldns-1.6.12
./configure --disable-shared && make
cd ..
./configure --with-ldns=ldns-1.6.12 --disable-shared <rest-of-configure-options>
make

P.S.: --disable-shared is optional and you can have shared libraries
if you install ldns along unbound where dynamic linker could find it.

--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org>