[Unbound-users] unbound 1.4.16 release

Juergen Daubert jue at jue.li
Thu Feb 2 12:49:08 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 10:18:17AM +0100, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is unbound 1.4.16, fixes bug in bugfix in 1.4.15:

thanks for the new release, however I think we have one regression
wrt ownership of the autotrust file, default /etc/unbound/root.key.

This file must be owned by the user unbound is running as, e.g. the
user unbound. Starting with version 1.4.15 unbound-anchor resets the
ownership to the user running unbound-anchor, which is normaly root.

Because of that the running unbound cannot longer update the key file,
which leasds to a error message:

Feb  2 12:33:43 tor unbound: [19568:0] error: could not open autotrust
file for writing, root.key.19568-0: Permission denied

thanks and regards
Juergen