Maintained by: NLnet Labs

[Unbound-users] Unbound x Bind - Round robin DNS

Leandro Anjos Moura
Fri Dec 14 03:13:27 CET 2012

Hello guys,

My server has an authoritative Bind round robin configuration for a
given record (rrset), where the ips are of different networks, eg:

mail.emp.intranet. A 192.168.50.20
                                   A 192.168.50.21
                                   A 10.16.16.20
                                   A 10.16.16.20

When my application directly query my server Bind all ips are utilized
in connection, but when my application query my server Unbound ips
network 10.XXX are never recovered.

My configuration is:
  - Centos 5.4: Application Server
  - Centos 6 / Bind 9.9.1: authoritative server
  - Centos 6 / Unbound: cache / recursive

Anyone had this problem?

thank you