[Unbound-users] patch: rrset-roundrobin/minimal-responses

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Apr 10 09:22:23 UTC 2012

Hi Daisuke,

On 04/07/2012 01:58 PM, Daisuke HIGASHI wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This patch adds two features to Unbound-1.4.16.

Excellent!  The patch is very small, and contains threadsafe code.
The queryID is a very good way to make the rrset rotate, and removes
my concern for speed.

The minimal-responses positive_answer() routine is fixed to detect
wildcards, so that the NSEC/NSEC3 records for wildcards are not
removed from the authority section.

And added documentation in the manpage and example config.  I did note
that minimal-responses is not RFC-conformant and may lose additional
data and thus necessitate roundtrips for clients that could have used
that additional data.

Thanks for this patch :-)