[Unbound-users] problems resolving www.iana.org / ianawww.vip.icann.org

Daisuke HIGASHI daisuke.higashi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 10:36:53 UTC 2011

Hi, Wouter. Thanks to reply.

2011/6/20 W.C.A. Wijngaards <wouter at nlnetlabs.nl>:

> The reponses for this query, the DNSKEY and the A responses are over 3
> Kb.  You likely have path MTU trouble.  Something is wrong with your
> fragments.  Perhaps you own firewall is set to stop UDP fragments?

You are right. -- my firewall (modem) handles fragments incorrectly.

It seems that my firewall denies all fragments until first fragment
(offset=0) arrives. Most times first fragment from vip.icann.org does
not arrives first at my network. I don't know why but always packets
may be reordered...

> There is the OARC reply size tester to help with that.

I wasn't able to find the problem because it sends me 1st fragment first.

--
 Daisuke HIGASHI <daisuke.higashi at gmail.com>