[Unbound-users] Unbound release 1.4.12

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Tue Jul 19 09:22:35 UTC 2011

On 19/07/2011 10:24, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:

Hi Wouter,

> What would help here is a feature that helps non-package installs
> without frustrating package maintainers.  But I do not know what that
> would be.

Let me play the devil's advocate here, and say that you shouldn't do
anything. If you had never shipped the ldns tarball with unbound in the
first place, these questions would never arise, because everyone would
just know that they had to download ldns, build it, and then link
unbound against it (like they have to do with other software and their
related libraries).

Since you _did_ ship ldns for a while, users have gotten used to it, and
now they're experiencing withdrawal symptoms. If you do nothing now, the
withdrawal symptoms will eventually go away ;)

Regards,

Anand