[Unbound-users] unbound 1.4.6 does not seem to have support of additional sections for NAPTR records

Lamers, Brian J (Brian) brian.lamers at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Feb 4 20:16:42 UTC 2011

It appears that additional section records are dropped from NAPTR records queries by unbound. I glanced at the code and it looked like there was a TODO comment by the NAPTR case for keeping additional records. It seems A/AAAA/SRV records were supported and I was able to verify that SRV records kept the relevant A/AAAA additional records and past to the client.

Does anyone know if NAPTR records will ever support keeping additional records and passing to the client? Is there an issue with supporting NAPTR vs SRV records?

Thanks for any feedback,
Brian