[Unbound-users] unbound statistics for qtype with num=0 ?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Apr 6 19:48:47 UTC 2011

Hi,

I noticed when you run unbound-control stats you see something like:

num.query.type.A=319
num.query.type.NS=2
num.query.type.PTR=102
num.query.type.MX=6
num.query.type.TXT=32
num.query.type.AAAA=81
num.query.type.SRV=3
num.query.type.SPF=2

Note that for any query type that has not been asked (the num is 0) this is not
displayed. This leads to somewhat unexpected "unprocessed" rrd files. I don't think
this really matters, but it is somewhat confusing.

Looking through daemon/stats.c I did not see where this behaviour of not printing
the types with 0 hits comes from. I'd like to print those are 0's to keep them in
the rrdtool/munin graphs.

I noticed this while chasing down some munin-graphs that were hanging after what
seemed to be the unlinking of the lock file. Did anyone else see this behaviour
of munin-graph eating up 99% cpu?

Paul