Maintained by: NLnet Labs

[Unbound-users] RHEL 5 and Unbound

Paul Wouters
Mon Oct 25 17:51:09 CEST 2010

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:

> Offlist, Bruce found a solution, it was do turn off do-ip6 in the
> unbound.conf.  Ip6 was turned off in RHEL as well.  For some reason the
> ipv6 sockets took an inordinate amount of effort.

Are you going to investigate this further?

> (I would like people to run with ipv6 enabled of course, but this seems
> interesting when you deploy on kernels with ipv6 disabled).

Can we pass an option to unbound to override the config setting? And perhaps
only pass it when we find NETWORKING_IPV6=yes in /etc/sysconfig/network via
the init script?

Worst case, we could check for the option and warn on bootup. But ideally it
should run fast either way.

Paul