[Unbound-users] Resource temporarily unavailable and query problem with unbound

Sebastian Nickel - Hetzner Online AG sebastian.nickel at hetzner.de
Wed Nov 10 15:46:10 UTC 2010

Hi,
I tried "netstat -su" and it showed me many UDP send buffer errors. So I
tried to set "net.core.wmem_max" to 8388608 (8m). It did not help.

I googled a bit and found some network tuning guides for linux. I ended
up with the following sysctl.conf:

"""
net.core.rmem_max=8388608
net.core.wmem_max=8388608
net.core.rmem_default=262144
net.core.wmem_default=262144

net.ipv4.udp_mem=8388608 12582912 16777216
net.ipv4.udp_rmem_min=16384
net.ipv4.udp_wmem_min=16384
"""

This solved the problem and I do net get any of those log messages (and
unexpected timeouts) anymore.

One last question:
If I use "so-rcvbuf: 8m" in unbound.conf does this only set the
appropiate kernel variables (like I did with sysctl) or is the value
"8m" used in some calculations inside unbounds code, too?

Thank you for your help...

Best regards,
Sebastian