[Unbound-users] Threading in Solaris with libevent

Wed Mar 10 09:39:59 UTC 2010

Hi Mike,

Couple of data points:
* compile with gcc on solaris works fine for me.  What is the gcc
compile error?
* /dev/poll support has been flakey in libevent and libev in the past.
There is also evports on solaris, can you try to use that?
If you compile with solaris-threads, but not with libevent (or get
libevent to use select() instead) does that work?  I.e. is there some
interference between unbounds use of kernel-mutexes and dev/poll ?
* The warning: increased limit(open files): is harmless here, it signals
that the default ulimit for you is 256 open files and obviously with
several threads it needs more open (network-)sockets.  It notifies you
that it is overriding the ulimit.