[Unbound-users] unbound 1.4.6 released

Marco Davids (SIDN) marco.davids at sidn.nl
Wed Aug 4 09:23:48 UTC 2010

Hi Wouter,

On 08/03/10 16:59, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:

>> Is it possible to add dnscurve support to the todo list?

> It is currently at the IETF and if that standardization (and fix)
> process is done, then we can consider adding it.

> The IETF process can take some time and make changes to the
> spec, therefore the decision is better made at a later date.

That argument, even though it makes sense, seems somewhat inconsistent
with an earlier decision to implement draft-vixie-dnsext-dns0x20-00 in
Unbound. I liked playing with the 0x20 feature though, so at least I for
one was was happy that you implemented it as an option. I suppose I
could be equally happy with fiddling around with DNScurve a bit. A
'--with-dnscurve' configure-option would work just fine for me (will
keep things leand and mean for others). So as far as I am concerned, the
'IETF standardization'-argument doesn't necessarily has to be a
showstopper here.

Regards,

--
Marco