Maintained by: NLnet Labs

[Unbound-users] Domains without A registry in nameservers

Isaac González
Fri Oct 9 11:25:04 CEST 2009

Hi,

We are currently running unbound in a anycasting scenario and works
great.  I've found some problems catching domains without NS A records
at nameservers (some servers does not provide A records for nameservers)
, I've found a workaround adding a local-data in the configuration but
if the provider change the nameserver ip address it will fail. Do you
know an alternatevie workaround or some configuration parameter to solve
this problem?

PD. For example: http://thednsreport.com/?domain=sanvic.es

My workaround:

local-zone: "actualcat.com."
transparent
local-data: "ns1.actualcat.com A
213.192.239.111"
local-data: "ns2.actualcat.com A 213.192.239.112"

Isaac González