[Unbound-users] unbound and hobbit / xymon

Dmitriy Demidov dima_bsd at inbox.lv
Mon May 18 18:10:24 UTC 2009

Hi Gabriel.

Some extra hints to you (I just remember about them).

First hint - unbound-control stats for many of it's output variables produce
statistics in dynamic way. For example - if you server didn't have queues for
A type records then `unbound-control stats` output will not contains any
string for num.query.type.A=. And by default, then this dynamical variables
are queued (then `unbound-control stats` command is executed) they are
cleared from output again.
So, if hobbit expects that some variable always *should* be in output  - you
should take this behavior in account.

Second hint - if you wanna to implement historgam graph in hobbit you should
think how to merge output from histogram.000000.000000.to.000000.000000 type
variables because there is so many of them...

This two problems can be fixed by using script what will do parsing of
`unbound-control output`. Take a look at this archive:
http://unbound.nlnetlabs.nl/svn/trunk/contrib/unbound_cacti.tar.gz

Archive contains unbound_cacti parsing script. I think it would be quite easy
to adopt it for hobbit.

Good luck.