[Unbound-users] error while loading shared libraries: libunbound.so.0

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed May 13 16:05:58 UTC 2009

On Wed, 13 May 2009, Gabriel Petrescu wrote:

> i've got:
> unbound-host: error while loading shared libraries: libunbound.so.0: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory

Did you install in a non-default location, so that the libunbound shared library is not in the
dynamic loader's path?

> I am running an ubuntu, fresh installed, no zone configured yet.

did you install from apt-get? Or did you compile it yourself? If from a package, then
pehraps the unbound-host does not depend on a unbound-libs package? (I am not sure how
debian/ubuntu packaged things, I just know about the fedora packaging method)

It's very likely an install problem, so you should tell us in more detail what you did.

Paul