[Unbound-users] Feature request - detailed statistics about unbound

Beastie beastie24 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 14:14:22 UTC 2008

> # /etc/init.d/unbound
> unbound [start|stop|force-reload|restart|status|dump|show|mrtg|cricket|cacti]

It's me, again :)

If so, I want to add one public request for cacti.
As I mentioned to Wouter before, cacti waits for input in this
datastructure (in one string)
<fieldname_1>:<value_1> <fieldname_2>:<value_2> ... <fieldname_n>:<value_n>
(http://docs.cacti.net/?q=node/26)

In our example it can be like:
# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/unbound cacti
thread0.num.queries:1234 thread0.requestlist.exceeded:0
thread1.num.queries:1345 etc...

But, in general, key=value format will be enough... Only, befor to
feed it to cacti, it should be processed into right format using
sed/awk/etc

Good luck Wouter!