[Unbound-users] how modules work?

Sergey Matveychuk sem at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 6 09:36:53 UTC 2008

Hi Wouter,

Wouter Wijngaards wrote:
> The design makes modules separate from the rest of the code, but unbound
> as now has been specifically written for the modules it has now. What
> sort of module do you want to write?

We need some balancing with DNS. I'm looking how to implement it without
writing an own DNS server.

> The code for modules is now cleanly in the validator/ and iterator/
> directories. The worker/ knows about what modules exist and loads the
> modules into the query runner mesh.

And cache implemented not as a module?

> Does this answer your question? There is plenty of doxygen documentation
> as well, and also I can recommend running unbound in very high verbosity
> on a simple query and reading through the logs.

Yes, thanks. It's a good start point for me.

BTW, anyway we plan to try unbound as high loaded cached dns for our
company instead of bind.
And I've made a port for FreeBSD - dns/unbound.

--
Dixi.
Sem.