Maintained by: NLnet Labs

[Unbound-users] Feature request: foreground mode

Anand Buddhdev
Wed Feb 20 20:00:19 CET 2008

On Wednesday 20 February 2008 07:57:16 W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:

Hi Wouter,

> With the -d option, unbound does not detach from the terminal.
> You can quit it with ^C for example.
>
> -d is called 'debug_mode' in the source at that point, which could be
> why you missed it. The option has no other effects.
>
> Is this the functionality you are looking for?

Yes, this is indeed the functionality that I'm looking for. I do see now
that the debug mode isn't doing anything else. However, there may be a use
for it in the future, so I still prefer an option to only keeps the daemon
in the foreground, without invoking the debug mode.

I've seen your other message, where you mentioned that the code now reads
and acts upon "do-daemonize" in the config file. That is sufficient for
me.

Regards,

Anand Buddhdev
DNS Services Manager