Maintained by: NLnet Labs

[Unbound-users] Unbound crashes after unbound-control reload

Marc Groeneweg
Tue Dec 23 13:10:50 CET 2008

Matthijs,

> So, if I understand correctly, unbound can open the include file, but
> unbound-control not because the include file is outside the chroot
> environment?
>
> Can this be fixed with a symbolic link within the chroot environment
> the include file?
Yep, this works.
In directory /sidn/unbound:
mkdir -p sidn/unbound/etc
cd sidn/unbound/etc
ln -s ../../../etc/unbound-sidn-overrides.conf
unbound-sidn-overrides.conf

# unbound-control reload
ok

But I find this strange behavior. I should guess, that in the
unbound/conf you should give only the relative paths to the chrooted
directory for includes. But this is only the case with reload, not when
starting Unbound.

Regards,
Marc